Stay Away Women’s Self-Defence courses and seminars are suitable for women of all abilities; no previous martial arts or self-defence training is necessary. Our courses have been designed to deal with the unique threats faced by women. Men and woman are built differently and our courses teach you to use modified counter attacks to fend off attackers.
Women have to confront two main threats: sexual assault and sexual harassment. It’s a common assumption that resisting and counter attacking the attacker may aggravate him and cause him to become more violent. This assumption is wrong: studies have shown that immediate and aggressive responses including fighting back are effective (Dr Judith Herman, author Trauma and Recovery).
Participants on the courses will learn how to:
- Overcome the difference in attacker’s size and strength
- The use of body language
- Dealing with knife threats
- Effective counter attacks
- The use of everyday common objects
- The essence of danger
The courses SKMS offer will give you the tools to deal all of the above and are divided into:
- 120 min seminar covering the most common types of threat and for those who wish to learn more, we run weekly woman only classes. For rates please message us! Rates start at £20/person.
- 1 workshop or a block of workshops, or a one-day course which is suitable for organisations or the workplace. Rates start at £20/person. Please contact us for a quote via email or by phone on 07825472313.
- 1 seminar or a block of 90 minute courses which work well in schools, colleges or the workplace.
Our objective is simple: to ensure that as many woman as possible attend these courses and stay safe.